View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Go Dawgs

Here's the view looking forward, The Avalon Acoustics Isis are further into the room highlighting their strengths. The new additions in between are the 2 REL 212SEs. It took me FOREVER to get them dialed in correctly for some reason, they were much more difficult than the Brittanias but their speed and punch made it all worthwhile. They are faster and cleaner than the B2s, but to be very honest it's not as huge of a difference as you would think based on their look. I decided to try a pair of Auralex subwoofer platforms underneath (I do have an unfinished basement below). I believe it was Kal Rubinson who has gotten favorable results, my experience is the same, they seemed to tighten up the bass a bit but we're not talking a massive difference, but I think they look nice sitting on the platforms anyway.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3

Last edited by audioguy3107; 08-10-2019 at 05:50 PM.