View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcleodsd View Post
I am considering joining the Accuphase club with a purchase of the DP750 and C2450. What’s holding me back is concern that MQA format is becoming more widely followed and that I might be left high and dry with a new DAC release. Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.

I think the MQA consortium would like you to believe that. In reality it is a controlled proprietary format costing everybody $$$ and as such will never be the mainstream.

I wouldn't hesitate with the DP-750. Its more versatile than any other player on the market. How? Because in addition to the Dac options and CD/SACD player, it will play data discs. Simply put, you can burn hi-res PCM and DSD onto a DVD-R and the unit will play it like a DVD-Audio disc or an SACD.

The advantage of this is that you dont have compromise on audio quality by using a computer interface. However, if you do use a server and have connected via USB, Accuphase have the quietest and best USB interface in the business using their own proprietary design.