View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptman View Post
Great information. Looking forward to trying it, as I've always used formula ratios to dial in speaker placement. One question, if I missed it I apologize; how is listening positioned established? Thanks.
Maybe Metaphacts will chime in but this is what I did. Since I have a dedicated room and therefore flexibility, I established my LP at about 6' into the room, for me that is about 30%.

I start with the speakers about 1' from the back wall and let the chips fall where they may with respect to the equilateral triangle. As I mentioned earlier, if you start with an equilateral triangle and your speakers near the rear wall, you will not end up with an equilateral triangle... I generally like to have my LP about 1.2+X the distance between my speakers. But this process uses your ears and fore goes measurements of any kind!
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack