View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutomac View Post
NOTHING, NOTHING sounds like a live performance. Period. Many products claim to do it, but NOBODY can reproduce live music as it was played the first time. I don't care if you spend $500K or more, you will never live that moment again. It's physically and physiologically impossible.
Therefore, I have no problems tweaking my music as my surrounding environment tells me to do in order to make MY experience as pleasurable as possible.

So I do

Happy Listening
Live music can be, & too frequently is, terrible.

In fact I have rarely experienced live music that has been even close to the quality music produced by my system.

The performers use cheap amps, with low cost cables, use a tone deaf sound mixer, guitars obviously out of tune. Band members who have just had a fight back stage so are ignoring each other- so they are not 'playing together', stoned & drunk artists who forget lyrics, or mix-up songs. Performers who soil themselves on stage or think that we want to see them naked. Members of the audience who insist on talking throughout the performance or who continually get up, walk in front of you, to go to the toilet or buy food or drink etc.

The Who concert in Auckland a few years back was ruined due to awful set-up. My Boss's wife was ill & couldn't go, so I was invited- Boss's seats were just 12 rows from the front of the stage- bass was over powering- it actually made my tummy vibrate-not good when full of wine. The treble was muted, you could see Pete Townsend playing the guitar, but he was just producing distorted noise. Had to wear ear plugs as it was just too loud (and I LOVE music played LOUD)- but they were just blasting us off our feet- even when I escaped to the rear of the stadium. I've heard 105mm artillery firing that was not as loud!

If that's 'live music' you can keep it & count me out.

Its not just rock concerts. Took 'her indoors' to a Concert at the Auckland Town Hall (renown for its excellent acoustics). Only problem was that we were surrounded by people who coughed & sputtered & blew their noses throughout the performance- totally ruined the experience.

Again, if that's 'live music' you can keep it & count me out.