View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 AM

Jacques, I own a Thor. Go to "community" and view "Charles System". IMO, it is by far the best sub on the market. Two Hammer's would be perfect for your system. In addition to absolutely incredible sub sonic extension, they are great woofers and should blend superbly with your Aida's. Hammer's are highly efficient. They rarely need over 600-800 watts. I use a MC601. This amp drives the sub to huge excursions on sub sonic material and serves to limit the available power so that it is not over driven. Power Guard accomplishes this. I wouldn't want a 1.2kW on the sub because it would probably overload before the amp clipped. Again this is a highly efficient sub. On virtually all material you will not require much over 30 watts using 2 of them. If you are using 2 Hammers your power requirements will be much less than mine. I would suggest if you stay with REL that you add another sub to each side as I mentioned to you in the thread about the purchase of your new MC2KW's. This 3 subs per side arrangement is not much better output wise than 2 subs per side. You might be surprised at how much better your system would sound if you added another sub, but truthfully, 2 Hammer's are the way to go for you. You want the ultimate and therefore 2 Hammer's are what you want. No conceivable low frequency could overdrive them and they are absolutely superb "woofers" as far as blend is concerned. This system would qualify as an ultimate system, IMO, exceeding anything I could think of.

Last edited by Charles; 04-14-2015 at 10:40 AM.