Thread: Ref75 + ref5se
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picto View Post
+1 I had a similar experience with my dealer. I was using Musiclink Plus (MM1 technology) interconnects with great pleasure when he sent me a new pair of Musiclink Ultra (MM2 technology) for free and just for trials at home… At the end of the “drill and practice“, I kept it and moved all my interconnects and speaker cables to the Ultra level. One year later, I was moving again from the Ultra to the Reference level (entry level) with real improvements at both ends and in musical realism. I guess I got hooked for a long time! Bertrand
This may seem like a really dumb question, though I will ask it anyway. If I buy a new Transparent Super or Ultra interconnect to go between the Bryston source and Ref 10, does one need to add Transparent everywhere else? I tried a Super yesterday and it is a very different perspective when compared to my normal Audioquest Columbia.
With the network box doing its thing at the beginning of the chain, do you really need more networks running elsewhere in the audio chain? To be clear, I am all for running a coherent loom of the same brand and quality, though to replace everything with Super or Ultra is a very costly proposition. Also, how much difference will I hear between a Super and an Ultra? My dealer does not have an Ultra on hand right now.