Thread: Ref75 + ref5se
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Thanks Jason! Well, I haven't tried any other brands in a while. I love transparent. I'm sure there's cheaper, but I'm not sure there is better. My dealer carries it, and got me hooked. I think you may want to try some other brands before you get in too deep. What do I like about them? Once you are into the ref/ref XL levels, it's like getting a new pair of speakers the change is so significant. Deeper bass, voices carved out of the air, incredible micro dynamics. Startling realism in acoustic guitars and cymbals. Blackest background I've heard.

After I tried ref XL, I wanted to throw my lowly ref SC's in the garbage
+1

I had a similar experience with my dealer. I was using Musiclink Plus (MM1 technology) interconnects with great pleasure when he sent me a new pair of Musiclink Ultra (MM2 technology) for free and just for trials at home…

At the end of the “drill and practice“, I kept it and moved all my interconnects and speaker cables to the Ultra level.

One year later, I was moving again from the Ultra to the Reference level (entry level) with real improvements at both ends and in musical realism.

I guess I got hooked for a long time!

Bertrand