View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 06:20 PM

Well are not many of the better studios doing the re-creations from the original master tapes direct to vinyl? I know I have read that too.

Only other option is own a mega to end reel 2 reel and there are a very limited number of masters that are copies of the master tapes. I have heard that, and like on a $20k reel deck and the masters were over $1000+ for one album.

So all this excess... well for some still there are qualities regardless of the total signal to noise ratios, frequency total ranges etc that vinyl will do better, it is just a warmer, smoother, tube like less ear fatiguing sound on all the right gear with a great record done right.

But with in reason $ Vs $ digital is a great value and a fantastic quality. so you will get no ill will from me. I own them all ... name the format.. And a lot of times it comes down to how good was the very 1st studio or live set of tracks that were laid down?

It is hard to make something after 30-50 years for example from the masters sound better, I mean I guess if you COLOR it modify it etc.

Now you can clean up some noise, make sure cross channel separation, loudness, compression etc. Every format can apply all of this, timbre and more.

Anyway would like to know what you end up with, and if someone does get both formats it would be nice to read a review.

Last edited by djwhog; 08-08-2019 at 06:23 PM.