View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Hello Everyone!

Following up on my reporting; here’s what I did in my last stages of configuration.

Prior:

P8 > Arris Modem - 12v > Heimdell 2 > Eeros Router > Heimdell 2 > AQ Vox SE - SMPS > Belden 1303 Catsnake Cat 6/Ghent 15M > Gigafoil > AQ Diamond > Aurender N10

Current:

P8 > Arris Modem 12v > AQ Diamond > Eeros Router > AQ Vodka > AQ Vox SE > Belden 1303 Catsnake Cat 6/Ghent 15M > Gigafoil > AQ Vodka > Aurender N10

Here’s what I’ve learned on how my system responded to the changes;

- Placing the AQ Diamond from the modem to the router and using AQ Vodka from the router to the AQVox SE switch brought a greater sense of overall sound. Darkness was enhanced, a very natural timbre embodied the instruments, benefitting high, mid and low range. Adding Vodka from Gigafoil to the Aurender N10 sealed the deal!

- A better grade cable between the switch and Gigafoil brought the effects mentioned above improved in a similar manner just at a step below, and for clarity it was not subtle.

- Connecting three other rooms direct from the home network to the AQVox SE to the switch with the cable setup increased picture clarity and benefited the sound at a crazy level.

- The AQ Diamond and Vodka loom out performed my Nordost Heimdell 2’s, I’m not repurposing them elsewhere, they will be posted for sale. Note: Nordost are excellent, but I’m going SOtM and between AQ and the SOtM options having optional silver cable in the build and their DC cables will be I believe will be a better match.

- I noticed cables need a bit of settling when moving burned in chords around in your system, time depends on each application but in a much shorter window.

Future upgrade paths:

- Dedicated Circuit in mechanical room for modem and switch.

- SOtM switch with clock and modified cabling and SOtM LPS

- AQ Diamond cables between router and switch and Gigafoil to N10