View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default Front end digital foundation

Since the outlet, I changed out the power distribution for the new Audioquest 3 and purchased a lower offering Audioquest NGR power cable to run to the Keces P8.

I then took the Audioquest cable out and threw in an Anuz C power cable, retail was like $5K.

The Ansuz cable brought things to a new level of darkness but I was losing a little bit of sound - it proved to be too much, so I popped back the Nordost Red Dawn, a Copper stranded cable and it turned out being slightly better the Audioquest, and think the Audioquest is not fully burnt.

I put the Ansuz back on the Transport and compared it with Red Dawn, and musically Red Dawn won yet again. IMO the Ansuz is better fitted for hungry amps, and now it makes sense to me what Shunyata does in their offerings. I did put the Ansuz back on the Transport because with Apple TV the picture steps up huge.

Then today I popped out the Ultra SS from under my AQVoxSE switch and things went well instantly downhill, popped the SS back in and the music came being livelier, like in a big way.

All this was witnessed by a local audio guru that has way more experience then I’ll probably ever have - we were both astounded.

In short, if your going to use streaming, you can get hell of a lot more out of the front end by using the disciplines we all know in the main system.

Last edited by For The Love of Music; 05-19-2019 at 10:44 PM.