View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default Front end digital foundation

Several posts are out on various network switches, optical filtering devices, etc.

Spend some time learning what’s out there, you will be blown away what digital is capable of. Breaking it down, all in will gain you a lot more than the cost of a mid to high level power cable, brand depending [emoji851]

There are several brands of network switches; the top contenders are AQVox (German) SOtM (Korea) and The Linear Solution (Washington, USA).

Gigafoil v4 is a top contender in optical filtering, and TP Link makes a filtering device at much less then the Gigafoil.

I highly recommended the use of a linear power supply (LPS) and not to forgot the aftermarket AC and DC power cables, plus isolation feet. There are a lot of companies making LPS with several options and price points.

One of my largest system gains at the lowest outlay of cash was incorporating the LPS on the modem, network switch and optical filtering with decent cables just adds a natural refinement to the sound, it’s beyond amazing. My system has never sounded so good with all the cables and components settled in nicely. Not to mention the collateral benefit of playing with modems and such are the Apple TVs and regular cable through the home which has all upped their game.

I chose Ghent cables, located in China to make my DC cables and he uses high end Japanese Oyaide cable and connectors. These cables are way beyond reasonable. I just updated to the Gotham at under a $100 each for 1M.

Purpose of this thread is to lump the digital foundation conversation into one thread.

Enjoy Your Sound 🤺

Image1555469345.163370.jpg

Last edited by For The Love of Music; 05-19-2019 at 10:46 PM.