View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 05:16 AM

Default Luxman "possible" new Streamer / SACD Combo ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeN View Post
Many many thanks Toga.

I've decided to purchase a D-08u and an Aurender instead of waiting. However it is great to see they are coming out with a newer model capable of MQA. Hopefully, their SACD replacement to the D-08u will be great - and include streaming.

Now I want to see what a MQA-CD sounds like. Uhmm that sounds rather exciting though it will probably take a while ro release them here ...

Just like me, I purchased D08u instead of waiting. I like it very much. Great sound, quiet mechanism, look good, and greatly designed remote control. There is something
That I don’t like such as we cannot operate the tray with out interruption on music Playing via Coaxial input , or every time we stop the CD Drive, it will read TOC again and it takes seconds before we can open the tray. Also it doesnt have chassis ground so I have been electrocuted sometimes due to dry air and carpet floor created electrostatic on me.
Later I brought Esoteric K1 for comparison. I found K1
to sounded more realistic. So much that I will order K1X to replace D08u. But Esoteric had OLED display in blue which is harder to see and must be switched off to extend display life. The remote control of Esoteric was poorly executed, I had to aim directly and press hard before player took command. Remote control of Esoteric cannot turn on/off the player, cannot perform source selection, cannot change digital sampling, unlike Luxman where remote control can do absolutely everything the front panel controls can.
Now returning K1 before K1X come in months ahead. Luxman is doing s fine job of music making as before. And I am excited to see what they will announced
In November.

Toga

Last edited by TOGA; 10-28-2019 at 09:39 PM.