Thread: MC275 club
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueBull View Post
OK gang - so I don't know if I have the "golden ears" of some of you, but I have been an instrumental and vocal musician (including some professionally) - so I probably have a decent ability to assess sound and musicality.

Interestingly, to my hearing so far the true mono-blocked option with my two 275s sounds best - tighter, more punchy bass and better sound stage, with no sacrifice in the "sweetness" of the mids and highs that others have mentioned. For me, it's also a clear improvement over a single 275 in stereo. I also tried the method mentioned by John (one channel of each amp for the highs-mids and one for the lows) and it sounds good but loses some overall resolution for me. Anyway, I plan to keep comparing these options. I guess this is why we each have to listen for ourselves...

All that said, thanks for the feedback and input. This forum is a real pleasure and what fun to share this passion with a few kindred spirits!
Very interesting -- thanks for providing this info. I've been running a single 275 for a few years now and have thought about adding a second. Perhaps I'll now take the plunge.