View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
To be clear:
1. The sub output level setup on the Oppo was set to maximum.
2. The sub output (LFE) crossover was set to the highest frequency.
3. Were the main channels set to SMALL and with a crossover frequency?

Never. Works just fine all the time with all of my Oppos including the 205.
Yes on the first two. But for #3, the main left and right and center where set to LARGE - I was running left and right into the home theater bypass on my MAC6700 and into the RF7's. For center I have a Martin Logan Motion 8 running on an old Rotel 976 amp that sounds better on the LARGE setting. I will try that this weekend! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
We do something similar, but not with wireless. I run both the LFE and High level signals to a pair of REL subs from the 205. The speakers are set to small, but at a fairly high crossover (70Hz). For stereo, the REL's take over below 70 Hz, for movies they blend in the LFE signal as well (which is adjustable on the REL). Works great.

The LFE (.1) output is not affected by the crossover frequency - it is an independent signal (and not mixed in with the L/R signals). There is quite a bit of good info on this topic on the OPPO forum at AVS - Bob Pariseu is something of an OPPO guru - check his early posts.
So you are running high signal to the sub then back to the speaker? I am not sure I could do that because of locations of the components. I think I am doing something similar by running it off my second output, but the difference is that I am still getting full signal to the RF7's.

Thank you for the tip - I will check AVS and do some reading!

Thank you!

-Geoff