View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 09:59 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

F#@K - It’s the Tweaker, Audio Junkie updating my latest improvements to support streaming!

Running through my last combinations is not to get a different sound but better results or back it goes.

By applying this practice, I have reversed a few trials simply as they emitted poor SQ results.

I’m gonna let my recent changes settle over the weekend, and don’t want to be fooled like the Ansuz did to me mentioned a few posts up, but as I process what I am hearing, I would be embarrassed to stand up if friends were over unless they were a couple of blonds.

Here’s what I did;

I moved my AQVox SE switch from the Music room to the Mechanical room, sitting on a hunk of Marble.

IMG_2002.jpg

It now connects a 15M generic Cat 6 cable to the Gigafoil v4 in the music room and also connects the main network switch supplying Cat 5 through the home, the results are even crazier on Apple TVs around the home, faster load, and stunning graphics.

The Keces P3 in the Music Room now sits on Stillpoints Ultra SS versus the Stillpoints Minis - no change to the previous AC/DC cable updates.

In the Mechanical room, the AQVox SE sits on Ultra SS, now with bases, next to the Keces P8 that is only used to power the Arris Surfboard modem and a Netgear switch feeding the home other than the Music Room.

The AQVoxSe connects the Netgear home switch with a AQVox top of the line Ethernet cable - no change to the previous AC/DC cable updates.

I moved the Shunyata Defender power conditioner to the PS Audio outlet, that sits above the Audioquest 3 Distribution hard wire cable/plug.

IMG_1998.jpg

I am waiting for my new 15M Shielded Belden Ethernet cable with German Matrix Shielded termination plugs to arrive late next week, plus a new 1M Gotham, both are being made by Ghent for $375.00 total.

The new Ethernet cable will replace the Generic Cat 6 Ethernet, this will tell us if the Gigafoil benefits from a better cable, I think it has a chance, but will be patient and take a listen. From the Gigafoil, there’s no change using Nordosts top of the line Heimdell.

I’ll use the existing 15M Generic Cat 6 fed from the AQVox SE to hook up a new Netgear switch in the Music Room tnst will feed Apple TV and Oppo using Nordost Heimdell cables. The Netgear will be powered by the second rail of the Keces P3 using a new Ghent Gotham DC 1M cable, and I will ground the Netgear switch with a Nordost QKore cable giving it a better then average start - eventually, I’ll Stillpoints the switch and ultimately replace it with Audio grade as the performance is hard to beat once I see the picture on the TV.

After all this, I’ll wait for KingRexs installation of a dedicated circuit in the mechanical room to happen whenever and stick a fork in it, it’s Salmon season for me and my focus will be on this years bounty that pays for all of this.

Happy Listening 🤺