View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 01:40 PM

Qobuz and now Amazon make the MQA debate irrelevant because you get hi res streaming without MQA.

Everything that needs to be said about MQA has already been said. It is either a lossy communist plot to take over high quality audio storage and reproduction, or it as implemented in Tidal it is a great sounding streaming option.

I own a lot of digital audio. Up until last week it was scattered around different computers in my home. I finally bit the bullet and bought a NAS device and moved all my music to it.

The best digital I have is hi-res played from a local source.

Streaming hi-res with Qobuz and Tidal works well and sounds good. Both our houses are very rural and so steaming sometimes fails - usually in the early evening. Probably on our end.

Finally good ole Redbook can sound excellent.

Last but least is those same Redbook CD’s played on a local player.

I use a Surface Pro for my digital ‘endpoint’ it drives The Yggdrasil DAC.

I am very satisfied with the sound I’m getting. It has taken a long time and a lot of effort but the results best all but the very finest vinyl I have.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v