View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 01:39 PM

Spent a few hours evaluating and talking about the TV sets. It's been a while since I've talked about electronic gadgets and 2 channel audio (this was the Magnolia store in King of Prussia). LG vs Sony.

Turns out Sony buys the OLED panels from LG and obviously tweaks out their own interpretation of what a tv set should look like. I would have to say it boils down to preference. Both LG and Sony were calibrated pretty good (Magnolia) but not to perfection. Pretty impressive picture on both brands, Sony being a bit more "punchy" in colors and contrast. I preferred the smoother, slightly more "cinematic" and natural color response of the LG. The Sony OLED that was going up against the LG was $2k more expensive for the 65". In the end, the LG being $2k cheaper and being closer to what I prefer out of the picture, the LG was a no brainer for me. Blew my budget by $199.00 The LG OLED65C7P was $3199.00.

Also picked up an Oppo 203 while I was there for $549, same as online at Oppo and splurged on the 6ft Audioquest Chocolate 4k HDMI cable for $139.00.

Decided to get the full coverage for 4 years for $399. It covers everything excluding, physical, water damage and theft. I still recall the lighting storm that took out $30k of gear in my old house! Fortunately insurance covered everything that time.

So I am all set, thank you everyone for the suggestions/advice, much appreciated! Delivery scheduled for next Monday and I should be enjoying my new 65" LG down in the basement.

Last edited by PHC1; 10-07-2017 at 01:39 PM.