View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 02:29 PM

Thanks guys. Another night of fine listening in the books. I'm stoked for my other inbound upgrades this next week: CMS Maxxum rack, Innovation Master TT, Rogue Apollo "Dark" monoblocks, 2nd pair of AQ Kilimanjaro speaker cables! Glad I got the speakers first, to better isolate the differences vs. SE.

And I'm still mulling over: a Graham III or Elite, the new Tannoy Supertweeters, and some longer XLR cables for the amps. For next year, I'm really curious about the ARC Ref 6 and Ref 3 -- my buddy's been raving about the 6 in his Tannoy/Rogue system. And to be honest I do get a little bit of hiss noise floor with the Rogue Hera pre -- that's what happens when you pair 96dB Watt speakers with 275 Watts/ch tube amps and 23 dB+ of tube preamp gain. The Ref 6 should clean that up nicely.

Also, maybe I need to slow down a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger View Post
Wow! Congratulations, very glad they are working well for you... I respect your ears and judgment at the highest level!
The Canterbury SE are a wonderful speaker, and whomever buys mine will be getting a great deal. They were the cornerstone of my rig for 5 years. Lots of wonderful "a-ha" moments in that time, when rolling in just the right tube or cable -- and subsequently basking in the blissful beauty of the resultant sound. They're perhaps a bit "sweeter" sounding than the GR, though time & break-in will see how that sorts out. But I'm really really excited about the GR, so please excuse a bit of my gushing

Last edited by mulveling; 08-13-2017 at 02:41 PM.