View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 10:01 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@ctsooner,

My absolute apologies for not seeing your comment until now. Yes, I have auditioned Cardas Clear Relection in my system and found it quite good. Charles Hansen likes Cardas and had in fact recommended the Cardas Clear to me which I never got a chance to audition. I recently upgraded all my interconnects and speaker cables to the new Shunyata Research Sigma line which trounced my previous Shunyata Anacondas. Shunyata has worked well in my system as my speakers tend to be on the laid back side and I've found Shunyata to be a good fit for them; at least in context of my system.

I also continue to love my VX-5 Twenty in my system, but for curiosity sake and for potential upgrade my dealer is going to bring their demo MX-R Twenty to my home for me to audition in my system. However, I can't imagine the R being all that better than the VX-5 Twenty, but one never knows until one tries something in their own system. If I were to go for th R series, I would go for the VX-R Twenty stereo amp which would physically fit better in my system with my cable arrangement, etc. and I don't need the extra power of the monoblocks.

Last edited by RLF; 08-23-2017 at 10:05 PM.