View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Go Dawgs

So I finally got around to taking some updated pictures of the system as a whole with the new Avalon Isis and the D'agostino equipment. It took forever for me to get the placement correct as the Avalons are very sensitive to even the slightest movement. The biggest change came with the speaker rake angle. I've never had to really mess with this since all of the speakers I've ever owned have been pretty much a standard height with the tweeter around ear level give or take. With the Avalons, they are much much taller even though the design does have the "head" of the speaker angled down. Even so, they still would fire quite a bit above my ears since I have the tendency to slouch down on the couch when I listen. It was quite the Eureka moment when I put something on for the first time. The vocals are new centered rock solid in the middle with plenty of bloom to the left and right side. Transients are very sharp and will make you jump out of your seat. I can't get over how vivid the musical presentation is.....I've never heard anything like this. I honestly can't believe it's taken me this long to get them dialed in, but it's been worth it.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3