View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 08:59 AM

Have two LAMM pre-amps - LL2 Deluxe and the L2 Reference. Move between the two - the LL2D is a massive bargain and of course all valve. Prior to acquiring the LAMM pre-amps I used a CAT Ultimate for a year or so which was (and remains) a terrific pre-amp as well. Have a Shindo Aurieges, again very nice with a Line Magnetic LM 518iA and Cary Audio 300 SE Signatures, but the synergy between the LAMM products is unquestionable in my opinion...........I think you can be confident that you are on the right track for a great treat.

I have used Sonus faber Stradivaris (4 ohm /92 dB) for 10+ years and the combination does it for me...........the LAMMs have no trouble driving them to more than reasonable levels in my 7m X 5.5m X 4m room.Used them with Martin Logan Summits as well with great results too.

One thing I have noticed is that LAMM gear seems to really shine (well doesn't all equipment) on good racks - have Finite Elemente amp stands (most effective on wooden, floating floors) and Grand Prix Monaco on a wood over reinforced concrete floor (which is my current situation)............and there of course many more superb racks/stands.

Hope this might be of some value to you.

Last edited by Smp; 11-30-2016 at 09:08 AM.