View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 11:45 PM

This is a wonderful suggestion! I just printed out your selections and will give them a listen.

Of the three you listed I'm only familiar with Charles Lloyd, and a huge fan.

I found Riopy to be a great player, but a bit predictable.
Josh Groban: I'm going to guess that he's big in the music world. Strong in every department and his band is dead solid! A bit too country for me, but I'd pay to hear him live.
Charles Lloyd: Fugetaboutit! A master of interplay, along with wonderful development throughout. The (steel?) guitar is killer!

Here's mine, and just so you know, 3 selections is tough.

1. Hadouk Trio, "Dragon de lune." A live recording and smoking hot players. Some of the best brush work by a drummer I've ever heard.
2. Brad Mehldau Trio "And I Love Her." Without question the best interpretation of this classic Beatles tune I've ever heard. Hang on, the tunes continues to develop until the end.
3. Dizzie Gillespie "Swing Low, Sweet Cadillac," Live at the Memory Lane, 1967 I love the man and what he did outside of his music and I love his music on so many levels.

Thank you for starting this thread! I look forward to listening to a lot of new music!

- Bob

Thank you!

- Bob

Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, highy modified MDHT Orchid Dac, Cambridge Audio CD transport, iMac, Core Power 1800, Shunyata and Nordost cables

Last edited by jzzmusician; 12-05-2018 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling error