View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crytklmass View Post
I visited my dealer today. He's trying to convince me to buy ALL Classe amps with my B&W speakers, stating they will sound better together since they were made my the same company, tested and meant to work with each other as the best amp and speaker combo. Anyone else buying into this story. I have seen B&W use Classe with there speakers. If I remember correctly B&W and Classe along with Rotel are owned by the same company. (I could be wrong) but to say so say Classe will give you the best performance, im not too sure about that. I am very happy with my McIntosh Amps. I guess I would like to A/B them together. Cost wise they are about the same but I wonder how they compete quality wise. I never had the opportunity to test them. Anyone have any experience or opinions?
If you made Classe and B&W, what would you tell your reps to sell customers?

I had Classe and 501 on B$W800D. Nice amp those Classe. Good sound all around. They make some really cool audible clicks when you turn them on.

Fairly smooth highs and reasonable detail perhaps a bit forward for my laid musical taste. Bass sounds funny to me. Less controlled even colorized.

The 501's were another story. If there is such a thing as analog sound, the Macs delivered it. Drop dead gorgeous mids, musical highs and much more natural bass. Life like vs good audio gear if you know what I mean.

Mac amps get my vote no question.