View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicophile
Jerome, no I have not changed the bias with new tubes. Is there a procedure for this? Magoo, of course, you can ask any question I have a Weiss DAC202 firewire. It is great, but I have a plan: as soon as the new Turbot DAC from Manley is released... I know, we always should listen first, but just the idea of having a Manley DAC Tannoy is, in my opinion, the best I have lived with Tannoy Prestige Kensington SE for 5 years and just got the new Golden Reference (GR) version 6 weeks ago. Tannoy speakers need a long break-in, so I am not there yet. I am playing music on them all the time... they sounds just better and better. With the size of my living room there is no way I can get Canterbury or Westminster in there. Kensington, with 10", is just perfect in the room. Thus, when I heard the rumors of a new version, I ordered the GR right away.
Yes,
The manual of the 300B Neo Classic says that bias should be adjusted when changing the 300B tubes. It is made internally. You can send an email to Manley to ask them how to proceed if you are comfortable with working near high voltages. If not, you may have it done by a technician.