View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......I just finished re-reading Robert Harley's review of the Yggdrasil in TAS May/June 2017 issue. RH stated that he listened to the Yggy a couple times in the first few days and was not impressed. He said Mike Moffatt warned him that the Yggy wouldn’t sound good right out of the box, so he left it powered on for a full month before returning to listen again. He then stated, "When I returned to the Yggy I discovered a DAC that wasn’t superb. It wasn’t even good. And it certainly wasn’t “good for the money.” What I discovered, to my amazement, was a DAC that was stunningly great, period. Price aside, the Yggy turned out to be a world-class contender in the same league as cost-no-object digital-to-analog converters—and I’ve heard some good ones." What I find most interesting about those comments is Robert Harley is not known as a reviewer who gushes about audio components, so I have to believe his reaction to the Yggdrasil's performance is genuine and sincere. This is encouraging for me.

I do plan to write a full review of the Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC but it may be awhile coming because I plan to allow the Yggy plenty of time to blossom fully before I pass judgement on its performance. Like you said, patience will be rewarded.
I was aware of that review. I'm just quietly and patiently waiting until one day you can't contain yourself and gush all over AA about your own YggY.