View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 AM

While I owned the Revel Ultima Studio 2's, I listened mostly at 85-95db but one of the attributes that I found most appealing about them was their low volume performance,
From Soundtage;
The microdynamics, speed, and transparency, even for the subtlest sounds, were better than any other speaker I’ve heard. The Salon2 may have the frequency response of a large floorstander, but it has the specificity, precision, resolution, purity, and coherence of a small two-way. Amazing.

Most large floorstanders can do amazing things at volume but perform poorly at low volume. This is where the monitors excel, but then there's the bass problem. Add a sub and then there's the integration problem. The Ultimas solve all of those problems.

I sold the Studio 2's to upgrade to the Salon 2's and I played with B&W N801's in the meantime. The upgrade path truly is the longest path.

I pulled the trigger on a NIB pair of Salon 2's on Thursday making for a very, very Happy New Year here.
:zoom: