Thread: DCS Rossini
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
The original remote is huge, you can kill someone with it :-)
If you use the Rossini as a pre-amp the volume control on the remote is great, but for the rest the app works fine. (easier to compare filters)

One comment, when using the internal streamer, the SQ is fantastic, but when my Ipad goes to sleep, the connection is fully broken and the playlist stops running, and when opening up the Ipad, it has to reconnect to the Rossini. That works much better with the Aurender N10.
I don't care for the dCS app and use Roon all the time. Even though I like Roon a lot what I don't like is having to pick up the iPad (or laptop) to start/pause/mute when playing music if the phone rings or my wife is looking for me. When I owned the Rossini I left its remote on the small table next to my chair and could easily reach it when I wanted to pause or mute the music without evening picking it up. Unfortunately at time the only functions the remotes control on the Vivaldi (when you have no transport) is swapping filters and powering up and down.

When using Roon and not the app. Music keeps playing when the iPad goes to sleep. Actually the music keeps playing if you close the app on my laptop since core is on my sonicTransporter.

As I understand the new remote comes with the recently released Rossini transport. The new remote is much longer than older unit. I will let you know how it feels after it arrives on Wednesday.

Last edited by Still-One; 01-08-2019 at 09:21 AM.