Thread: VPI tables
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 08:42 PM

Default VPI tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
I was also remembering things like the Classic 4 and Classic Direct - very expensive tables which seemed (to me) to have a VERY short reign. Now they've gone to the Avenger/Vanquisher for the top line, which seem to be more like the Innovation form factor, even with magnetic drive for the top models.

HR-19 (many iterations), TNT (numerous iterations), HR-X, Ares, Scout, Prime, Classic, Avenger/Vanquisher for series alone (not to mention the Nomad/Traveler/Player/Cliffwood entry levels)...and multiply that by all the tonearm / platter / motor versions & options. Rim drive?? And initial issues with the 3D arms, etc. Keeping up with VPI's line, since I got into vinyl, has made my head spin!!

I like the HR-X because not only is it a beautiful table, it's a classic design that's had real staying-power in the lineup.

+1

I think the thing that is appealing to many of us here in the USA (myself included when I got the avenger) about vpi is price. It’s made here in the country and you don’t have to pay the import tax that you do for clearaudio. The table comparable to the Master Innovation is the VPI Avenger Reference which I believe is around 22k. Compare that to 30k for the MI with the 12 inch universal tonearm. Big difference in price.

Further, many of us (also myself included) feel pride in supporting a company born and raised in the United States.

At the end of the day the performance of the clearaudio table won me over and I cant say I’ll ever look back.

In fact, I remember when I bought the avenger that I looked up clear audio Innovacion turntable, and really loved it but just did not want to pay the price of ownership!
Nordost Odin 2 cabling
Clearaudio Master Innovation with Goldfinger cartridge
Esoteric E03 phono
Esoteric D02X
Esoteric P02X
Aurender W20
HRS SXR-Signature 4V X 2 rack
Incoming: Magico Q15 subs (2)

Last edited by docmd2010; 02-09-2018 at 08:45 PM.