View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

I just got off the phone with Mike Fajen at Musical Suroundings and they found the motor tests dead on speed stability wise. The very faint ticking noise is a bit annoying, but is it worth the 12 week trip to Germany? They are going to clean and lube the motor and try a new pulley to see if it quiets the faint ticking noise that I think is coming from the pulley as I could not hear it when holding a stethoscope up to the 11lb. motor. I also could not detect the noise when using the same method on either arm board. Both arm boards are the upgraded cast alloy ones not the acrylic ones.

So it comes down to possibly putting up with a small annoyance if the clean, lube and new pulley does not correct the problem. The other option is sending it back to Germany not knowing the cost of repair till after it is in their possession, not to mention the 12 weeks+ shipping costs.

I'm leaning on not sending it back as I could sell the table and upgrade to a Clearaudio Innovation table that would accept my arm boards and arms, or move to another table. I really do like the ClearAudio table and that I can run two arms on it, one stereo, and one 12" mono. Decisions Decisions Decisions!

I want to shout out to Mike Fajen at Musical Surroundings who has been great to work with, and open to conversation about the issue. He has also been very fair in his options and service cost estimates and pricing. Goes a long way in confidence in the products the represent.

Regards,
Jim