View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=FDPDK;897251]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post

Here's the problem the way I see it Flemming -- if someone is devious enough to fake a cable like Nordost, that person is going to surf the net for pictures and reproduce the wooden blocks & stencil them with the serial number he saw off the web.

Therefore the unknowing buyer gets hosed and in itself defeats the whole authentication purpose & ones peace of mind.
While I can understand why you might think that - it is actually quite easy to authenticate products. At least it is for us. Many of the materials, connectors and wires are only made by us. So even without a serial number, it is easy to identify frauds. And most of the companies that make copies don’t really care about doing a good job. We have ALWAYS been able to identify a fraud simply with closeup photos. And there are methods we have to identify a fraud even if it was meticulously copied. Those methods we don’t reveal. But trust me on this - it is literally impossible to make a copy of our products that we couldn’t readily identify. We have actually invested a lot of time and effort on this front.

You could say we take it personally.

Last edited by CGabriel; 02-05-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling