View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Uberbrown, welcome to AA. As a previous owner of the Cremona Auditors and then the Guarneri Homage and having heard just about everything in their line over the past 3 years, IMHO, if you are trying to achieve an HT with SF, I would suggest that you seriously consider the Elipsa and a matching center.

My opinion on this is that the Amati, while a great speaker in it's own right is overshadowed by the Strads which in my opinion is the way to go with the Homage line. Having said that, the Elipsa has quite the dynamic range and if not exactly as refined and colorful as the Strad, it is a bit more neutral sounding but quite forgiving still. Having heard the Elipsa driven by a Krell 402 amp which has the current and control to drive them to satisfaction, my dealer has the Elipsa in an HT environment with the matching center. The combination is an excellent compromise, matched tonality across all the speakers and musical enough to be enjoyable in 2 ch as well as being great for movies/music concerts.

I've often compared the Elipsa to the Strads and if it was my system that was 50/50 music/movies I would go with the Elipsa. For strictly 2 ch, I would give the nod to the Strads.
I agree with Serge. Since the speakers need to be close to the wall in your set up consider a pair of Elipsa up front and the cremona center speaker. Consider the auditor elipsa in the back channels with a couple of subs.