View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutomac View Post
This is interesting. I only use my subs for HT now that I have a C52 in passthru as well. If you are able to use your sub(s) in both HT and 2CH, with separate pre's, do you keep the same setting for the subs for both functions? Will the sound characteristics for 2channel music plus a sub the same as for watching an action movie? Or do you have to adjust the subs for a specific use every time?
Just wondering.

Cheers!
In my case I run the mains (Revel Salon 2's) full range. The audio signal from the MX121 for 5.1 usage is sending everything except LFE to mains. LFE is still handled by my "third sub" which is a Paradigm studio 15 connected to the MX121. So for theater I'm getting great full range music and soundtrack from my mains + f113v's, with LFE coming from the Paradigm.

When I'm running stereo straight off my C2500 I'm just getting full range (Salons + f113v2's).

In this configuration no adjustments are necessary between 5.1 and stereo listening. I almost sold the Paradigm sub, but now I'm glad I kept it!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds