View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidho View Post
I can say is a person taste.

the new / last tech is the best? uhmmm...
Of course not, however in the case of the new CELL concept drivers from Accuton, they have taken a step forward and achieve better performance across the board than the previous generation. Accuton have some info on their website fyi.

Quote:
I have more at one freind that had Avalon but too a lot of problem with the old model with fully ceramics part....and now they are go with other speakers...
Well I guess that was his experience and may have been affected by system synergy or even room nodes. All I know is Avalon have released some amazing new speakers which have impressed me.

Quote:
The Avalon can be a very speaker without soul!!! of course the electronics have a very important "influence" to have a good result!!
I agree. Historically yes, with the exception of perhaps their top level speakers, Avalon's house sound could be called 'polite', although the Compas certainly brakes that mould, and is a much more dynamic speaker than ED and has higher power handling. Also the Compas has been designed to have a palpaple density and more colorful harmonic structures according to Avalon.

Quote:
If I compare a Marten django XL vs a Tidal Piano Cera for my taste tehe Tidal is much better.
Yes I could believe that, I wasn't that impressed with the Django. Not sure how much better the XL is however

Quote:
The Avalon Compas is sure a great speaker. I dont have listen but reading the specification have a great companent inside: the Avalon Compas diamond in Europa is priced Euro. 62'000.-
well, not peanuts. The Coltranes are very good over this point i agree.
Just to clarify, the reports the Compas Diamond is $50kUS are not correct. The US price should be about $41k, and about $39,000 Euro's with the 19% VAT tax using straight currency conversion + VAT + shipping. If they are adding a further $23,000 Euro's as tax, duty or profit I can only shake my head..