View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
I had both gold and rhodium non-NCF duplex versions and the main difference, in my system, was that the rhodium plated was brighter and the gold was warmer.

The gold stayed and I recently sold the rhodium.

One could argue that the rhodium brings out more details, but I think it's more about how a different tone and cooler sound makes certain sounds more evident.

The gold was rounder and more musically correct, in my opinion.

But if you crave detail, the rhodium would be the choice.

It actually drives me crazy that a duplex can change the sound so much, especially on my front end components, where it fed a PS Audio P10, at the time. I would not have believed it unless I had tried it, myself.

I would love to hear an NCF gold version of the duplex although it hasn't been released, yet. I don't know if it will. Maybe gold didn't sell well because it wasn't the "best."

But the NCF technology might be an improvement to the gold duplex. My comparison of the Furutech Nanoflux power cables in the NCF and non-NCF versions showed me that the NCF version was a little brighter with better focus and definition, especially in the high frequencies, but not to a point that i would say it was bright sounding.
I use the NCF version on my pre-amp and the non-NCF versions on sources and amps. If my speakers were more generous in the low end, I would consider adding the NCF version to my amps. I'm a bit hesitant to do so until I upgrade my speakers.
Thank you for your in-depth response. It was extremely informative and helpful.

Best,
Ken