View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM

Just a note to update the progression of the impression, as well as, the break in period.

The sound is getting richer, volume (technically gain) is increasing with no noticeable distortion, all instruments sound like they are right in front of me; as if being at a concert. Currently, I'm listening to the McIntosh SACD DSD demo on the Oppo. Each instrument can be singled out, even with my bad hearing, the lows are low and the highs are high crisp and all of it is clear as a caribbean scuba dive.

Seems the speakers are loosening up and the sound is enveloping me and the room. The REL III has disappeared, still blending perfectly with the lows of the Mini-Ts. There is no harsh separation between them anymore.

It is sonic bliss!

Once, I save up another $1000 I'll re-wire my room with Blue Jean cables, I'll Bi-Amp my Mini-Ts. Turns out my Pioneer SC-65 is capable of this function if not running a 9.2 set up; which I'm not nor plan too. So Bi-Amp and a 7.1 set up will be my final configuration for a while until my wallet heals...

So thank you, Ivan you were spot on with your assessment of my audio gear and it working well with the Mini-Ts...
Subwoofer REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System BluRay Player Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray

Last edited by joe schmoe; 01-25-2017 at 06:52 PM.