View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
Grant, thank you for your response it is really helpful.

As per what I experienced with the addition of the BM HC/CX on the BDA-3, I think that would make sense if I would start with an Alpha HC (or NR) in lieu of the BM as I would get the maximum out of my DAC. As for the Anaconda CX, they are VERY hard to come by in the used market (and also quite expensive). People seems to keep them preciously.. For this reason alone and the fact that I like to stick with a series when I am set, would an Alpha HC be close enough in performance compared to the Anaconda CX, or is it just a tiny step down? I am sure I could live with either as my amplifier is only rated at 70W in 8 ohms.
Yes, the Alpha HC and Anaconda CX are comparable but exhibit different performance attributes depending on application, so I wouldn't class either as a favorite. The Alpha HC is a heavy gauge power cord at 8awg., so plenty for any amp. If the HC's are more readily available I would go that route. They may be a bit less expensive as well given the original retail price being $1250 vs. $2000 for the ACX.

Best regards,
Grant