View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpaf76 View Post
Hmm this is an odd idea. Thought about mixing and matching one phase of each series with another? Would average out to a series 7.5 lol. All kidding aside you'd have symmetry between the High/Low as well as Left/Right
Thank you for your comment but I do not agree with your cynicism . The symmetry left/right is not an issue. It stays completely symmetrical in the proposed setup.
My TAD Evolution One speaker has two sets of terminals for biwire. The crossover frequency between the coaxial mid/high unit and the bass units is 250Hz. The normal way to go is to add a second ww silver eclipse 7 for biwiring. But because the crossover frequency is as low as 250Hz perhaps it is an option to buy the new version of the silver eclipse, series 8, and use it for the mid/high terminals which does cover the main part of the frequency spectrum.
Also the sonic benefits of the series 8 over the 7 is according to WW website: Increased soundstage separation, resolution and dynamic impact. So that could work well. Only the series 8 has gauge 11 instead of gauge 12 for series7, so there could be a difference in sound level. That’s why I posted my question.