View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
Why do you consider the Statement D2V not worth considering, ths61?
I bought mine NIB a few years ago from a authorized Anthem dealer. It has gone though a few software updates since then and still exhibits the same 2 types of problems (HDMI handshaking and remote control issues).

Periodically the HDMI video input will turn the display a cartoon Green or Red color. I have never had this problem with any of my other HDMI devices. I have a $29 remote-controlled mono-price 1080P 5-way HDMI switcher in my office that I use for work (devices are changed often) and it has never had these types of problems. If a $29 switcher works 100% of the time, one would expect a $7,500 switcher to work as well.

Periodically, when I use the remote control to power down the unit (logical power off), the unit switches to Zone 3 and doesn't power the unit off. I have to physically cycle the main AC power on the back of unit to reboot it and get the ON/OFF functionality restored. Power switches are not that complicated and have been a basic feature for decades.

Both issues have been reported to Anthem and both problems still exist.

This was my first Anthem piece (presumably a lemon) and probably my last, YMMV.

P.S.
One other issue, when going into the configuration menu tree, the onscreen menu is periodically lost (changes colors or disappears). Being such, I can't rely on the configuration menu functionality. I resort to the front panel display to back myself out of the configuration menu.

Last edited by ths61; 08-28-2014 at 05:29 PM.