Thread: 3.7 vs. 3.7i
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiot servant View Post
Hi Mike,

I had the opportunity to compare the 3.7 and 3.7i for an arvo at a mate's place in a system much like my own so was easy to spot the differences. He also has Mye stands so we could compare those and the Sound Anchors.

The changes between the original 3.7 and upgraded panels and the change with adding stands was essentially different in nature.

The change from 3.7 to 3.7i we agreed was primarily a balance shift with additional fullness in the mid bass to lower mids which made for a slightly richer sound overall and moved the weight a bit more towards the overall 20.7 balance.

The addition of stands for the 3.7 didn't so much shift the tonal balance in the mid bass to mid range but rather made resolution/focus/clarity/agility gains overall and also some additional extension down lower. The stands also make possible the use of isolation footers which can take you further down the resolution and speed route.

Both benefits seem valuable so possibly it comes down to whether you feel like you need a richer presentation (3.7i) or a faster more resolved one (stands and mechanical isolation) while keeping the balance fairly largely similar with more extension down lower tho if your running subs this might be less an issue.

Graham
Hi Graham, I have some additional questions regarding the difference between the 3.7 and 3.7i, any chance you could contact me?
Regards,
Hasse
mettef@telia.com