View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 10:26 AM

We also use the OPPO 205. I prefer the simplest set up possible, so the OPPO outputs go directly to a multi-channel ATI amplifier (5.1, two REL subs). This all works well. I do use the balanced outs to the main left/right speakers for 2 channel audio.
Some comments:
- the balanced outs are 6 dB 'hot' compared to the unbalanced outs (twice the voltage). This can be trimmed by the amplifier gain setting or trimmed by the OPPO settings as needed.
-yes, lip synch can be an issue. it can vary by source. Mostly it works very well.
- I run everything through the OPPO which has only one HDMI put (my biggest gripe with this unit). I do use a simple HDMI switch to manage this. Thus all video processing goes through the OPPO.

- there is a very active '205 forum with a couple of super-users on AVS forums. Much detail there. May have to hunt a bit.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.