View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 04:33 AM

Default LCD-3 Right Driver No Sound! :(

I have an issue with my Audeze LCD-3 purchased back in 2015. I don't use the headphone much since I have a stereo system but it has been working fine until today. I am not sure what happened but the right driver is completely silent. I have tried switching between the original and ALO cables to make sure it wasn't due to cable connection issues but it made no difference. I have also tried plugging in with another headphone from Fostex to make sure the head amp and source is working fine - its perfect.

Clearly the right driver is not working. I am not sure what causes it but the volume wasn't high when I hit play and nothing is amiss either. I checked that Audeze has a 3 years warranty on its planer drivers and the warranty certificate has a start date of 3.13.2015 so I guess the unit is covered. Any of you had similar experience where the driver suddenly just isn't working?? Any idea what could have been the cause? Since its not the wires or amp or source...I am now thinking it is likely the planer drivers...