View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:07 PM

Default DAC Settings

OK here is the more than basic detail for the DAC section. This is the detail on the how to of options, tools and adjustments to work with on your DAC settings. This is getting more into not only the connection, but proper fine tuning.

All this said, each machine like my K03 has it's own base settings and specifics to those settings that apply. This attachment helps you to navigate through the depths of DAC tuning.

I am sure as Dan, -E-, and many others have helped me, that others may offer help for your specific DAC driver, settings and adjustments for best in class sound.

All this stuff matters, but you can not get even in the same league of sound with a typical Belkin, Rosewell or other cheapo USB cable. Those are made for printing, etc. NOT streaming high-end audio.

You can rip your own data files to various formats and it is only as good as the source and to get the most out of the streaming you need to purchase high-end audio track hi-rez downloads. I only use the typical MP3 amazon auto-rip stuff in the garage or back ground in the truck for listening.

If for me a album is redbook or sacd only and I want it in Media Player I reip it to a flac file and import into the database. I am becoming more of a convert now that I think the audio players, DACS and media are getting to the level of audiophile grade. I have never been an itunes, MP3 run of the mill kinda person. I prefer the source to be as good as I can find, and now i think there is a player that can link the good source to the hardware IMOP.

I am sure that there is more to follow, but I would like to thank so many of you folks on the board for all the help. I am still a SACD/Redbook audio guy maybe 50% of the time. Vinyl 20% and up to 25% for streaming. The other 5% radio etc...

One final thought. If you are just getting started even after reading these piles of documents, I would suggest you do yourself a HUGE favor and upgrade to at least a Wire World Silver USB cable to connect your Computer to your DAC.

I got my from Ivan, that was by far the biggest step in achieving Audiophile quality streamed sound from my computer. Platimum is most likely in the future for me.

enjoy everyone
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DAC Settings.pdf (23.2 KB, 32 views)