View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the well wishing! I customized the height, a bit shorter than standard so that my turntable would be at a comfortable height. I think the uprights are about 40 inches high. Although not evenly spaced at the moment, each shelf will have 7.5 to 8 inches of clearance. This will allow me to play with 1 inch spikes (should I decide to) under my C500T and whatever power solution I decide to upgrade to from my PS Audio PPP. Otherwise there isn't any gear i have or am considering purchasing that exceeds 7 or 8 inches in height. Most gear is in the 6" range. As I mentioned, my amps are going elsewhere. But if my system simplifies or reconfigures, I can always remove a shelf and have more than adequate spacing for what remains. The shelves are adjustable to whatever height i need. The other option is taller uprights, either through Mapleshade, or on my own, if the need arises. I'm very happy I went with the 4" shelves. I don't have to second guess if I should have gone 4" instead of 2". Shipping, via standard UPS ground, was reasonable for a shipment that totaled 707 pounds, in my opinion. It was about 8% of the total cost. The humorous part for me was that UPS sent 3 people to deliver it!
I will definitely post pictures when I load up the rack!

And thank you Dan for enlarging the photo!

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Last edited by rnrmf1971; 12-22-2013 at 05:28 PM.