View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 01:42 AM

Default Wilson Audio Specialties XVX purchased

Just to let everyone know, I have purchased an XVX. The check has not yet been passed but I have worked with this dealer so many times I feel it to be a 99% certainty. The money is in a MM fund.

I fell in love with the xvx almost the moment I first saw it. If it would fit in my room, I knew it was the final speaker for me, the end of a long career in audio. I won't ever be looking for a new speaker again. That's one of the reasons I am going to buy it. It's truly a penultimate speaker. I am a Mac and AQ aficionado. I will never change from Mac and my Wel Signature cables and IC's are timeless and ageless.

So in a perverse sort of way, I am actually saving money because I will never and I mean never consider another speaker again. I'm not going to be in a position to wait for the Alexx upgrade or the XLF replacement except with curiosity as to what they might be. No way would I remotely consider trading down from my xvx to one of them.

This new Wilson speaker is revolutionary. It is half the price of the WAMM and very close to its equal because its drivers are more advanced. The build quality I believe to be similar. It is quite incredible that Wilson could produce a speaker comparable to the WAMM at half the price. The color will be piano black with black trim.

I will post extensive pics. It will be probably 6 weeks before the installation but the deal has been struck.

Last edited by Charles; 10-31-2019 at 01:47 AM.