Thread: Marten Bird 2
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 08:24 PM

Current US MSRP is $38,000 from what I know.

Pierre, welcome to AA. I have a much smaller room than yours though with a very large cathedral ceiling. But you will simply have NO PROBLEM with bass control at all. Keep it in the middle position and go from there. These drivers do not have any bass slop or overhang. They do their job and get out of the way like lightening. Easily the fastest moving coil drivers I have heard on this planet!

Only thing I am unsure about is the match with your Conrad Johnson electronics, but be careful as the speakers are ultra revealing. So tune properly and with care to get the most out of the speakers. 1/8th of an inch movements in positioning can change the sound, so you need to give it time. Time for you to get used to to them and learn your way around. With that said, Bird 2 are a very different speaker compared to the Bird 1

Enjoy your purchase! What finish are the ones u are getting? I have a Cherry Burled finish. There is spectacular complexity in the wood, if you take the time to appreciate these things. Easily one of the best purchases of my speaker life.

Lots of things to learn about them. If u do buy them, reach out and I can help you with whatever I learned about them so far. Little tips and tricks to get the most out of them. The art is in the setup. A very refined speaker!
Analog: Ear Discmaster, Redpoint Model D, VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Townshend Rock 7, EAR 324, VDH Grasshopper III GLA, Dynavector XV-1T, Dynavector XV-1S, Jorma Prime/Origo, Jan Allaerts, Einstein Turntables Choice, Digital: EAR Acute IV / Dac IV Preamp: EAR 912, Ray Samuels B-52 Amplifiers: EAR 890 Monoblocks, Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE, Almarro 318B Accessories: Stillpoints ESS Rack, Sistrum, KS Emotion Cables Speakers: Marten Coltrane Tenor