Thread: iPod ?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
They aren't that loud, there is plenty of sloppy juice leftover. I'm not turning them up as loud as they get, bass heavy songs just make it distorted. I couldn't do the same thing with Manitas De Plata since there isn't bass. They'll go clean and loud enough to be uncomfortable.
I don't want the volume to be louder, I want songs to be cleaner/clearer. When there is a lot of bass the songs get distorted.
One nice thing about these is they don't need to be loud because they drown out ambient noise. It's like wearing earplugs.

I'm curious is the amp not doing well with bass, or is it the IEM not doing so well with bass. I'm not exactly listening to rap either. Caroline Rose "Soul No. 5" is a song that's distorting.
I'm not into IEMs so can't really comment on how well they do bass in general. I would imagine there is a limit of what an IEM can do in terms of bass but chances are at 112dB efficiency, it is not the source but probably the limitation of an IEM style headphone. All I can say is that the 25 ohm/94dB Fostex headphones pounded out clean bass lines from an iPhone that can rattle your skull and teeth not that I'm in the habit of ever listening at such levels but have gotten carried away on a few occasions just for fun.