View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
If sound is your no.1 priority and less so with cosmetics then I would consider a slightly less cost TT/Cart combo and think about adding a phono stage......The C-2300 phono stage will be the limiting factor.

Putting a vinyl rig together is somewhat like putting an entire system together, you have the table, arm, cartridge, phono cable, phono stage, power cord....lot's of variables to consider for sure.......Spending $3000-$3500 on a table/cart and $2000 on a phono stage will have much more impact on the end result than $5000-$5500 table/cart package IMO. There was already a great recommendation earlier for way under your budget leaving you room for a great phono stage.

The phono stage plays more of a roll than you may think.......YMMV as this is audio!

Which is why I suggested a table/cart in the $2500 range, especially if you don't have a ton of vinyl...

The vinyl thing is a ton of fun, but as you've seen from many of us here can easily lead to madness. (not that it's a bad thing) A big part of getting the sound you want out of analog is the quality of the pressings you have. If you don't want to spend a ton of money on the best remasters and seeking out pristine originals of your favorite music, I'd seriously think twice about spending more than a couple thousand bucks on an analog front end.

But the good news is that if you really do start chasing good records, you can always get right back out of a table/arm/cart like that and not lose much money.