View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Go Dawgs

I felt I really needed to do something with the power situation in the room, it's about the only think I didn't address when we started. I had a mishmash of various power cables, PS Audio, Audioquest and a couple of Shunyata Venoms. I decided to treat the system this past Christmas to be Ivanized and went with the Shunyata Denali power center with a full loom of the new Shunyata Alpha power cables (can't see from the pics). The Shunyata products are the real deal, they resulted in quieter and blacker backgrounds, not to mention the simple fact that I didn't have any free outlets left in my previous Shunyata Hydra. The bottom picture is the best picture I could get of the rack I ordered last fall.....I chose a Timbernation custom rack, Chris at Timbernation took my dimensions so it would fit like a glove between the 2 bookshelves and give me about an inch of give if I needed to pull it out. I know there's been some complaints about Timbernation out there on the net, but this is the third product I've ordered from him and have never had any problems. I sent him several pics of our floor and bookshelves and he did his best to match the color using maple....I love the way it turned out compared to my last misadventure in ordering a rack (totally wrong color which was my fault)

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3

Last edited by audioguy3107; 07-18-2018 at 03:03 PM.