View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Well Aurender is on schedule from what they told me on a first quarter release.

I get the wait approach, but could not help myself.

In the menu, I first went to “Software Upgrade” and updated to the latest version, this took maybe 5 minutes. Also within the menu, 4th up from the bottom is the option “Purchase MQA License”. Select purchase and the popup asks you for your iTunes password, and it installs from there.

I slid the radio control option to MQA, and now getting ready to hear how this performs. Very simple process. It does say the license is per unit at a cost of $49.99

Update - Well now I am playing it, and I think I just discovered that the first fold is all I will get with going into the PS Audio Direct Stream. On the iPad I see it is showing 32bit, 176.4Khz, and on the N10 screen it shows 88.2Khz as 24 bit, so now need to figure whats what...unless anyone knows. The PS has the bridge and MQA has been installed last year.

UPDATE II: - For those of you that have the Aurender N10, going into a PS Audio Direct Stream you will not get the full MQA unfold since PS will only obtain this through their Bridge via ethernet connection. Is it better with the higher first fold sample and worth the $50, sure, disappointing to not have full unfold, yes.

Last edited by For The Love of Music; 03-06-2018 at 12:41 AM.