View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslrock View Post
Adding 20 amp circuit for my 2 channel McIntosh C2300 pre, two MC601 amp, Esoteric K-03, Rega RP-3 with TTPSU, Sonos, Soundcraftsman T-100 AM/FM tuner. Considering the Torus RM20 or Furman IT - Reference 20i or another brand to protect my system but allow full power to the amps. Want to plug all to same power system. Prices so far in $2k to $3k range delivered. To use an analogy, as a runner I want the amps to run as if they are in a race with pure oxygen pumping into the body instead of like running with a head cold with stuffed up nostrils. Want them to breathe.
I use the Furman IT Reference, the predecessor to the 20i. I have two Bryston 4B-SST's, a Bryston 6B-SST and a Paradigm Sub 25 plugged into the 4 amp outlets of the unit and there is no degredation in performance vs plugging the amps directly into the wall. The Furman has ample current reserves so that's probably why. Being a big fan of Bryston in general the Bryston BIT and Torus units would be good choices as well. I can't see you going wrong with either of those 3 choices.